The S-2000 strobe is super compact strobe yet has almost same fundamental features of well-established INON "D-2000" with several new functions.
- Underwater "S-TTL" auto strobe "S-2000"
--Release date : December 28th, 2008
--Marginally downsized with high-performance --
- 64mm/2.5" x 83.1mm/3.3" x 106.5mm/4.2"(W x H x D). Successfully designed world smallest body size as 4AA operated underwater strobe(*1) with its inner components layout and trimming off unnecessary space. Best suits with a compact digital camera, supporting digital SLR camera with its mobility, incredible compact size even as dual strobes and high performance. The S-2000 totally changes underwater strobe concepts.
As of December 2008 among 4AA operated underwater TTL strobe (data by INON INC.)
--Not only compact strobe！--
- The S-2000 is operated by 4 x AA batteries to provide fundamental features of strobe though 4 x AA batteries operation is hostile to downsizing. The same level of basic performance and durability as existing D-2000 and marvelous high performance is supported with its compact body. Together with powerful and substantial Guide Number 20 (*2), the S-2000 benefits you with ultrafast recycle time and remarkable flash capacity thanks to less inner wiring and efficient component parts. In addition to reliable and super accurate "S-TTL auto mode" flash control, "12 step Manual mode" supports professional lighting. The EV Controller to make fine adjustment on "S-TTL Auto" and auto-switching function to accommodate with various pre-flash type (2, 3 time pre-flash) digital camera is equipped.
air/ISO・m, nominal value
--Next generation wireless TTL function !--
- The S-2000 strobe has ultra sensitive slave sensor which is 100 times more sensitive comparing to the slave sensor of existing D-2000 strobe and successfully enables to support wireless "S-TTL Auto" flash control without fiber optics. Also the sensitivity of the slave sensor dramatically lengthens synch range of Manual flash mode. Supplied "Mirror Unit" effectively corrects master strobe light to enhance exposure control accuracy. It is easy to use wireless S-TTL Auto shooting simply attached on compatible water-proof protector via INON Shoe Base or Grip Base D4 (upcoming product). Conventional fiber optics connection is also supported to provide 2-way connection method to select either of optical cable or wireless depending on shooting circumstances.
--Unlimited expandability with optical cable system--
- The S-2000 strobe is equipped with a connector mount on the front side to catch TTL signal of the strobe. One S-2000 strobe can be linked to maximum two strobes via optical cables and operate them in "S-TTL Auto mode". This optical cable system benefits you to add "S-TTL Auto" operating strobe easily by connecting with an optical cable to pick up S-TTL control signal from your camera system. This expandability makes underwater studio with perfect lighting real.
--Natural color even with a diffuser--
- The supplied diffuser does not affects light color, which is popular among professional photographers. The color temperature of the S-2000 changes only 100K (kelvin) by this diffuser. You can have same color tone between macro shooting without diffuser and wide shooting with diffuser to widen strobe beam angle.
Please visit following link page for detailed product images.
- [News]World smallest, best strobe "S-2000" (English) http://www.inon.co.jp/cgis/news/En_html/WebNews172_En.htm
- [World smallest, best strobe "S-2000"](PDF:105KB) http://www.inon.co.jp/e_pdf/S2000_En.pdf
December 25, 2008